Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bank Line Format

Kudos to Best Buy stores for adopting what I call the "bank line format" for their customers who head to their cashiers. For many years I've thought that just about all businesses should implement this. Who has not gone shopping and dreaded the point at which they must decide which line looks like the one they're most likely to get through the quickest?

I've never understood why stores don't realize how absolutely frustrating it is for customers to get in a line thinking that because it's the shortest one, they'll end up leaving quickly, only to end up leaving the store later than someone who got in the next line over after you got in your line. Banks have been doing things the right way (in this respect, anyway) for as long as I can remember. When Best Buy started doing this a year or two ago I hoped it would be permanent and so far it seems that way. Now if only Publix would follow suit! ...I can hope, can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home