Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Traffic Light Sensors

I wasn't going to post today, but I just experienced one of my pet peeves again and didn't want to let the moment pass.

I was at an intersection I frequent and was about the fifth car in line waiting for the left turn arrow to turn green when I noticed that the cars on the opposite side of the intersection got their green left turn light but my side did not. My suspicions were confirmed when I looked at the location of the first car in my lane... they had not moved up enough to have their car over the sensors in the road, so the technology that's part of the traffic light did not sense there were any cars in my lane waiting to turn. If anyone does not know what I'm talking about you can learn about traffic sensors here and also here.


Apparently, I was not the only one determined to not have to wait through another long cycle because of some moron. A couple of other cars in front and behind me immediately started, as I did, to get out of our lane so that we could make a right turn, followed by a U-turn. Traffic is frustrating enough as it is, but it's beyond tolerable when stuff like this happens.

Thanks to Glenn Elert for the photo.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Rick said...

Morons..........

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous steve said...

These are the same specimens of cretin who wait 'way back to make their left turns when the light finally changes, ensuring that nobody else behind them makes it, too.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home